Desserts such as sundaes, cake, donut, and lollipops taste delicious. However, they are not considered a great option especially if you’re looking for healthier ones that you can serve to your children. But the good news is that you can now make sweet and healthy desserts that will satisfy the sweet tooth of your child. What’s more, you don’t need to pick between sugar bombs as well as butter.
Either way, if you’re looking for healthy desserts that are easy to prepare then you have just visited the right place. Listed are healthy and mouthwatering desserts that your kid will surely like.
Kid-Friendly and Healthy Desserts That Are Easy to Make
1. Chocolate-Dipped Banana (Frozen)
This dessert is very easy and fun to make. What’s more, this sweet only needs two healthy ingredients. Start by placing the chocolate chips on a bowl that is microwave safe. After which, microwave it for 30 seconds or until melted. Then cut the bananas in half make sure to place the other half on a skewer.
In the melted chocolate, dip the skewer and the top half should be coated with chocolate. Lastly, place the coated banana on a place then freeze it for about two hours.
2. Yogurt Grapes
Yogurt offers a good amount of protein while grapes are loaded with antioxidants. In the actual fact, grapes and yogurt are both essential for your growing child. Thus incorporating them to your child’s diet is highly recommended.
To make it possible consider giving this healthy dessert a try. Don’t worry because it is very easy to prepare. All you have to do is stick a toothpick in every grape and then dip it to yogurt. After which place the dipped grape on a lined baking sheet. Repeat the process until all your grapes are dipped into the yogurt. Freeze for two hours and serve chill.
3. Energy Balls
This dessert is delicious, healthy, and very easy to make. You can start making these energy balls by mixing almond flour or oat flour, peanut butter or almond, maple syrup, cocoa powder (unsweetened), and chocolate bowls in a large bowl.
Once the mixture is thoroughly mixed, utilize your hands and roll the mixture to small balls. One good thing about this dessert is that it is highly customizable. As a matter of fact, you can incorporate any ingredients as long as they are nutritious.
4. Banana Split Bits
Another healthy dessert that is made of banana and other nutritious ingredients. Furthermore, it is fruity and fun snack for children after school.
Here’s the list of the needed ingredients:
- Bananas (3 pieces)
- Strawberries (6 pieces)
- Cored pineapple (1/4 pound)
- Skewers or popsicle sticks
- Chopped peanuts (1/4 cup)
- Dipping chocolate (1 cup)
- Wash the strawberries and cut them in a half
- For every half strawberry make sure to chop an equal size of pineapple as well as banana
- On the skewer or Popsicle stick, place the pineapple first, followed by banana and strawberry.
- After which put in the freezer for at least 10 minutes.
- Line a plate or tray using either parchment paper or wax paper.
- Then place the nuts on a plate for dipping.
- Melt the chocolate by placing it in the microwave for thirty seconds. Stir repeatedly until smooth and melted
- Lastly, dip the frozen fruits into the melted chocolate and nuts, and place on a tray afterward.
There you have it the four healthy dessert recipes that you can make for your kids. As you can see the ingredients needed are widely accessible on stores and even in your kitchen. Plus, they are very easy to prepare. So what are you waiting for? Choose one and prepare it right away.