Food plays an important role in building a healthy body. Therefore, you should be careful about the food item that you should add in your regular diet. So, here are 50 types of food for healthy eating that you should eat for proper growth of the mind and body.
Different Types Of Meat
Lightly cooked meat is an extremely nutritious food item because it is rich in protein and fiber. Different types of meat contain particular nutrients. Therefore, it benefits your body in several ways.
- Lean beef- High source of protein and rich in bio-available iron.
- Chicken breast- The protein content is very high and fat content is low.
- Lamb- It is rich in Omega -3 fatty acids.
Berries And Fruits
They are tasty, nutritious, sweet, and do not need to be cooked. So, you can easily add them to your breakfast or snack break.
- Avocados- They have a creamy texture, taste delicious, and are loaded with vitamin C, potassium, fiber, and healthy fats.
- Bananas- Contain High amounts of potassium, vitamin B6, and fiber.
- Apples- The perfect diet food filled with antioxidants, vitamin C, and fiber.
- Blueberries- They are a rich source of antioxidants.
- Strawberries- Certainly very delicious and high in vitamin c, manganese.
- Oranges- Known for their high source of vitamin C and fiber.
Vegetables: Food For Healthy Eating
From greens to colorful ones, vegetables are rich in several types of nutrients. Therefore, you should include it in your diet plan.
- Bell peppers- Available in bright colors and rich in vitamin C, antioxidants.
- Asparagus- Best choice for a carb-free diet and rich in Vitamin K.
- Broccoli- This cruciferous vegetable contains high amounts of fiber, vitamin C and K, and considerable amounts of protein.
- Cauliflower- It can be used in making healthy salad bowls.
- Carrots- Crunchy, a good source of fiber, vitamin K, and carotene antioxidants.
- Cucumber – Contains high amounts of water and different types of nutrients.
- Garlic- Consists of organosulfur elements that boost immunity.
- Onions- Bio-active compounds are present that keeps you healthy
- Kale- It is added in salad bowls, and extremely rich in fiber, vitamin K and C.
- Tomatoes- This vegetable is a rich source of vitamin C and potassium.
Seafood And Fishes
They are delicious as well as healthy food items because they are a good source of iodine and Omega 3 fatty acids.
- Sardines- They may look small but they are a powerhouse of nutrients.
- Salmon- They are loaded with protein, omega 3 fatty acids, and vitamin D.
- Shrimp- A crustacean variety, a good source of selenium, and vitamin B12. Also, the fat and calorie content is low.
- Shellfish- The edible variety is oysters, clams, and mollusks. Also, they contain the same amount of nutrients as in meats.
- Tuna- It is a protein-rich fish and contains a very low amount of calories.
- Trout- This is a highly nutritious freshwater fish, rich in protein.
Seeds And Nuts
They are loaded with vitamin E and magnesium, easy to prepare, and filling food for a healthy diet plan.
- Walnuts – Rich in fiber, minerals, and vitamins.
- Coconuts – Loaded with medium-chain triglycerides (a type of fatty acid ).
- Macadamia nuts- Tasty nuts and rich in monounsaturated fats.
- Almonds – They contain high amounts of magnesium, antioxidants, and vitamin E which improves metabolism.
- Chia seeds– High density of essential nutrients is present.
Grains: High Carb Food For Healthy Eating
- Oats- loaded with high amounts of beta-glucans( a type of fiber).
- Quinoa- Rich in magnesium, fiber, and protein. A very popular diet food.
- Brown Rice- Staple food, contains magnesium and vitamin B1.
Legumes And Pulses
They help in the growth of your body and mind because they are rich in protein.
- Peanuts- Helps in metabolism and are loaded with antioxidants.
- Lentils- An incredible source of fiber and protein.
- Kidney beans- They are rich in minerals and fibers but don’t eat them raw.
- Green beans- They are the unripe version of common beans and are popular salad ingredients.
Tubers( Storage Organs)
Due to the presence of several nutrients, these food items make your body healthy.
- Potatoes- A filling variety, rich in potassium and vitamin C.
- Sweet potatoes– Starch food, loaded with beneficial nutrients and antioxidants.
Dairy Products: Food For Healthy Eating
If you include the right amount of dairy products in your diet, then they can serve as a beneficial food for healthy eating.
- Yogurt- You can get the benefits of probiotic bacteria.
- Whole milk- Loaded with protein, vitamins, minerals, and healthy fats.
- Cheese- Extremely nutritious and healthy.
Fats And Oils
- Extra virgin olive oil- Rich in monounsaturated fats and antioxidants. Also, this oil is good for the heart.
- Coconut Oil- Helps to decrease obesity and a rich source of MCTs.
- Butter- Rich in essential nutrients like vitamin K2.
Other Essential Food Items For Healthy Eating
- Dark chocolate- Contains high amounts of magnesium and antioxidants. It is good for metabolism.
- Apple cider vinegar- Helps to reduce obesity and sugar level of the blood.
- Eggs- It is a powerhouse of protein.
- Ezekiel bread- Made of legumes and whole grains they are a source of essential vitamins.
- Low carb bread ( homemade)- you can include this in your daily diet. It is good for metabolism.
These food items not only qualify for good snacks but also extremely rich in vitamins and minerals. So, try out these varieties to achieve a healthy body.