5 Healthy Recipes That Every Kid Will Surely Like
Are you looking for healthy recipes that you can prepare for your picky eater child? If yes, then you have just visited the right place. In today’s post, we listed 5 healthy recipes that every kid will surely like and enjoy. When it comes to the preparation and ingredients, you don’t need to worry because they are very easy to make and only require a few ingredients.
So if you’re ready, then let’s get started.
5 Kid-Friendly Healthy Recipes
1. Blueberry and Banana Pancake
- Wheat flour (one cup)
- Sugar (2 tablespoons)
- All-purpose flour (1/2 cup)
- Baking powder (2 teaspoons)
- Salt (1/2 teaspoon)
- Fat-free Milk (1 ¼ cups)
- Egg (1 piece, lightly beaten)
- Blueberries (1 ½ cups, frozen or fresh)
- Vanilla extract (1 teaspoon)
- Banana (3 pieces, mashed)
- Maple syrup
- Mix the salt, baking powder, sugar, and flours in a big bowl.
- Then combine the vanilla extract, banana, milk, and egg, Stir it with the dry ingredients ‘til moisturized.
- On a hot griddle that is coated using cooking spray, pour batter by the ¼ cupful, then sprinkle with either frozen or fresh blueberries.
- When bubbles form on the top, turn and cook the other side until it becomes golden brown.
- Serve with bananas and maple syrup (optional)
2. Cheesy Broccoli Bread
- Broccoli (3 cups, riced)
- Mozzarella (1 ½ cup, shredded)
- Egg (1 piece)
- Parmesan (1/4 cup, freshly grated)
- Dried oregano (1/2 tablespoon)
- Garlic (2 cloves, minced)
- Black pepper (fresh ground)
- Red pepper flakes
- Parsley (2 teaspoons, freshly chopped)
- Warmed marinara
- Preheat your oven to 450-degrees and place a baking sheet that has a parchment paper.
- Steam the riced broccoli by placing it in the microwave for one minute. Make sure to remove the moisture from the broccoli.
- In a big bowl, transfer the steamed broccoli and then add the egg, garlic, one cup mozzarella, and Parmesan.
- Afterward, you can season it with pepper, dried oregano, and salt, a kosher salt if you have.
- Move the dough in the sheet and form it to a thin and circle crust.
- Bake the dough for about 20 minutes or until it is dried out and golden brown.
- Top it using the remaining mozzarella and bake again until the crust is already crispy and the mozzarella is melted.
- After baking, you can garnish the bread pepper flakes and parsley.
- Serve with marinara.
3. Fruits on Stick
This healthy recipe for kids is very fun and easy to prepare. All you have you have to do is prepare a bowl of different kinds of fruits and place them on the stick. If you want your kids to try different foodstuffs you can incorporate exotic fruits on the stick.
4. Strawberry Smoothie
- Strawberry yogurt
- Milk (1/2 cup)
- Honey (2 tablespoons)
- Ground cinnamon (1/4 teaspoon)
- Fresh strawberries (2 cups, hulled)
Mix all the needed ingredients in a blender. After which, cover and blend until it becomes smooth.
5. Banana and Peanut Butter Oatmeal
- Water or fat-free milk (3 cups)
- Salt (1/4 teaspoon)
- Quick-cooking oats (1 ½ cups)
- Peanut butter (2 tablespoons)
- Banana (2 pieces, sliced)
- Vanilla extract (1/2 teaspoon)
- In a big saucepan, place salt and milk and bring to a boil.
- Next, stir in the quick-cooking oats, cook for about one to two minutes, until thickened. Stir occasionally.
- Remove the oats from the heat and place the remaining ingredients.
- Serve and enjoy.
With the above-mentioned recipes, rest assured you will not have a hard time feeding your kids with healthy and delicious foods.